Today Goodwood is delighted to officially launch the 2015 Festival of Speed – for the first time exclusively online.
The 2015 Festival of Speed centres, which will be held on June 25-28 around the theme Flat-Out and Fearless: Racing on the Edge, pays tribute to the drivers and constructors throughout history that threw caution to the wind in pursuit of victory.
The Gerry Judah-designed Central Feature, an annual tradition at the Festival of Speed, will honour Mazda’s contribution to motoring and motor sport in the year in which the all-new version of the world’s best-selling sportscar, the MX-5, will be launched.
Today we are pleased to announce the following, all of which you can read about in more detail on theGoodwood Media Site:
- MotoGP superstar Valentino Rossi to make Goodwood debut on a Yamaha GP race bike to celebrate 60 years of Yamaha Motor Company.
- Five current Formula 1 teams – including World Champion constructor Mercedes – to appear in revamped F1 Paddock presented by Sky Sports F1.
- Seven Mercedes-Benz 300 SLRs to appear to mark 60th anniversary of Sir Stirling Moss’s 1955 Mille Miglia victory.
- Incredible 28-litre Fiat S76 to have first public run for 101 years at Goodwood as part of new category for Edwardian leviathans.
- Largest ever US representation including NASCAR’s Richard ‘The King’ Petty and a Goodwood debut for drag racing’s godfather Don Garlits.
- Derek Bell’s incredible career marked with special class of at least 12 cars, including his first Le Mans winner – a Mirage GR8.
- Manufacturers revealed for the Moving Motor Show presented by the AA in association with The Telegraph.
- Bike legends Casey Stoner, Freddie Spencer and Kenny Roberts to ride.
- UK debuts of brand-new machinery from Mazda, Ford and Bentley.
- Cartier ‘style-et-luxe’ categories include 80th birthday celebration of Figoni et Falaschi cars and 60thanniversary of the Citroen DS.
- Bonhams sale to feature sought-after ex-works 1935 Aston Martin Ulster.
- Michelin Supercar Run and Paddock to feature sensational new supercars and largest ever paddock.
- Stories are supported by:
- Press releases outlining the latest news of the line-up
- High-resolution imagery
- A selection of video with embed codes and sharing options